Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3 Questions

1. In my personal opinion, I feel that the quality of the professional content is leaps and bounds about 90% of the user generated content, (hence why they are considered professionals). However, the users who generate their own unprofessional content have the new and fresh ideas and ingenuity, just perhaps not the high tech gear that captures it in high definition. A perfect example would be this guy on you tube who I am subscribed to, his name is PES. He started doing stop animation in his home for a hobby because he was bored, after posting a few videos on YouTube, he was signed by a big-time advertising agency based in LA. He has since produced a series of commercials for Bacardi.
Here is his early work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmpFCwZbwM

And here is his professional commericial for Bacardi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6Ws3asMro

2.
I chose an article on the Amanda Knox murder case

My suggested tags: Murder; American Student; Italian prosecutor; Amanda; Knox Meridith Kercher; unfair trial; Italian law; interrogation; unlawful jailing;help Amanda knox

Delicious tagged this article as:
Knox: Amanda: Articles: Italian: crime:meridith

What I learned from this tagging experiment is that the tagged words are no very specific, but normally involve the main characters in the article, the main issue, and perhaps the general location as to where it took place. (which is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be tagged as)

3, Transparency is such an important concept because it is used to explicate to the validity of an article, website, foundation or any statement that can be found on the internet. It allows the people who came upon (whatever the thing is they found on the internet) to be reassured to what they are reading is legit and true. And example would be a wiki, where anyone on the internet can edit any of the information that is posted up there; thus you can’t completely know for sure how true or how factual it may be. I think it has to be more important for the online world because on the internet, you can’t see people’s credentials, and people can pretend to be anyone they like. Anyone can impersonate a doctor, or a professional in the field, but in the real world, its easy to see how credible a primary source can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment