Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Digital Nation

After watching a small portion of the video in class, the only objection I had was when the professor (I forget who she was), stated, "students need to be stimulated."

For some reason I kinda took offense to that statement, it almost sounds like we need to be occupied when at school. I guess you could compare it to putting a rattle in front of a 9 month old child to occupy them.

Although they are both not on the same level exactly, we dont need to be "stimulated" to learn, we need to focus, and get a decent amount of sleep the night before, thats really all there is to it

1 comment:

  1. Interesting.. I'm glad that you told me about your opinion..

    I think the woman you are speaking of is Turkle see this interview:

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/digitalnation/interviews/turkle.html

    If you can form a well thought out argument responding to her comments, maybe you should post it to the appropriate section on the frontline site.

    ReplyDelete