Monday, May 3, 2010

5000 Days of the Web

After watching the next 5000 days of the web, there were a few things that I did agree about and some that I did not agree with.

The thing I did agree with is when it was stated that 5000 days ago if someone said that everything you ever needed to know would be at your fingertips, AND that's its free, they would think you are crazy; yet, that's where we are today….5000 days into the web. Although we most often don't notice the changes around us, it does actually happen..just gradually.

The one point that I did not agree with was the statement that humans are the external senses of the machine. Although i can somewhat see where they came up with that idea, I think the idea of calling a computer "the machine" is a little far fetched, and a little too Hollywood for an academic presentation on the first 5000 days of the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment